NEW DELHI: In a huge relief for pensioners, the government on Thursday launched the doorstep service for submission of digital life certificate (DLC) through postman. This facility will enable pensioners to submit their life certificates from the comfort of their home.
“India Post Payments Bank, IPPB of department of posts & ministry of electronics & information technology (MeitY) have successfully launched the initiative of the department of pension & pensioners’ welfare (DoPPW): Doorstep service for submission of digital life certificate through postman,” the ministry of personnel, public grievances and pensions said in an official release.
In order to make this facility available across the country, DoPPW roped in the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) and utilised its huge network of postmen and gramin dak sevaks in providing doorstep facility to pensioners for submission of life certificate digitally. This facility shall be in addition to other facilities such as withdrawal of money from bank account etc, while sitting at home.
According to the IIPB website, doorstep request (DSB) is currently available for IPPB customer pensioner only and will be enabled for non-IPPB customer shortly. However, if any pensioner is availing the service beyond the geo location set by the bank, DSB charge may also be applicable as per bank’s policy.
Here are the steps for submitting DLC through postmen:
* Download Postinfo app from Google Play store
* Open the app and go to ‘service request’
* Submit your name, address, pin code and mobile number
* Select IPPB service type and click on Jeevan Praman (digital life certificate) generation
* After OTP confirmation, the request for DLC will be forwarded to the nearest post office based on the pin code provided by you.
* A postman or gramin dak sevak will be assigned to collect the certificate from your home within 48 hours, at a convenient time.
* When the postman visits your home, keep your Aadhaar number, PPO number, details of pension disbursing agency ready.
* The postman will fill all the information and scan finger print of the pensioner through his device to generate life certificate digitally.
* Pay charges to the postman if successful DLC is generated
* The DLC will be automatically forwarded to pension disbursing bank and pensioner will not be required to visit.
* Bank will confirm acceptance of DLC via SMS within T+2 days on the mobile number linked with your pension account.
The facility to submit life certificate online through Jeevan Pramaan Portal was launched by the honorable Prime Minister in November, 2014 with the objective to provide a convenient and transparent facility to pensioners for submission of Life Certificate.
In September, the government had relaxed the timeline for submission of DLC from November 1 to December 31 this year due to the difficulties faced by the pensioners in submitting the life certificate in view of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Source From : Times Of India